The Acton Forum welcomes submissions from undergraduate students of the Australian National University and other leading Australian universities.
(Subject to change)
- Eligibility: undergraduate students of the ANU and other leading Australian universities, majoring in International Relations, International Security Studies, Political Science, Politics·Philosophy·Economics, Asian Studies, Asia-Pacific Affairs or equivalent
- Style: Research Essay or Report submitted for university assessment
- Length: 2,000-3000 words or less than 15 pages
The essay must have a score of 70 (Distinction) or higher. Grades on Turnitin are required for verification. Students could capture the Turnitin screen and submit it together with their essays.
Successful essays will be granted an opportunity for online presentation. The Acton Society members will each prepare one discussion question related to the essay presented.
After the presentation, the essay will be published on our website.
The presenter will be provided with a small amount of research incentives from the Acton Society as a reward.
If you are interested, please send us an email application including the following:
- Your Name
- Name of your university
- Name of your degree program (e.g. Bachelor of Asian Studies)
- Essay title
- Turnitin capture screen including the grades.
- Your essay file (.pdf or .docx)
- Enrolment Confirmation Letter (can be downloaded from ISIS)
If you have any further queries, or would like to submit, please contact the committee members.