The Acton Forum welcomes submissions from undergraduate student members of the Acton Society and undergraduate students of the Group of Eight(Go8)* universities in Australia.
(Subject to change)
- Eligibility: undergraduate student members of the Acton Society or undergraduate students of the Go8 universities, majoring in International Relations, International Security Studies, Political Science, Politics·Philosophy·Economics, Asian Studies, Asia-Pacific Affairs or equivalent
- Style: Op-Eds, research essays, or reports submitted for university assessment
- Length: –
The essay must have a score of 70 (Distinction) or higher. Grades on Turnitin are required for verification. Students could capture the Turnitin screen and submit it together with their essays.
Successful essays will be granted an opportunity for online presentation. The Acton Society members will each prepare one discussion question related to the essay presented.
After the presentation, the essay will be published on our website.
The presenter will be provided with a small amount of research incentives from the Acton Society as a reward.
If you are interested, please send us an email application including the following:
- Your Name
- Name of your university
- Name of your degree program (e.g. Bachelor of Asian Studies)
- Essay title
- Turnitin capture screen including the grades.
- Your essay file (.pdf or .docx)
- a copy of Enrolment Confirmation Letter
If you have any further queries, or would like to submit, please contact the committee members.
* Group of Eight is a group of Australia’s leading universities consisting of the University of Adelaide, the Australian National University (ANU), Monash University, the University of Melbourne, the University of New South Wales (UNSW), the University of Queensland (UQ), the University of Sydney and the University of Western Australia (UWA).